- Rain Barrels
- Packaged Systems
We at Rain Brothers, LLC have been designing, constructing, and installing rainwater harvesting systems -- both residential- and commercial-scale -- in the Ohio Region for over eight years, and we have used virtually every rainwater downspout diverter on the market. With the diverters on the market, there are recurring problems, including:
1) Difficult installation
2) Insufficient outlet size
3) Insufficient overflow, causing diverter to back up drainage
4) Working only with the smallest downspouts (i.e., 2"x3")
Our Flex-Fit Downspout Diverter addresses these issues and offers a thoughtful, high-quality, affordable solution by being:
1) Easy to install; there is no need to cut your downspout. Simply use a 2-1/8" hole saw to drill into your downspout and the Flexi-Fit Diverter fits right in
2) Large, 1-1/4" outlet allows plenty of water to pass to your barrel/tank
3) Large overflow opening allows water to easily pass back through the downspout once your barrel/tank is full
4) Works with both 2"x3" and 3"x4" downspouts (check out specialized 3x4" downspout diverter here!)
*Required for installation:
-(1) 2-1/8" hole saw
-(2) 3/4" self-tapping philips screws (included)
-(1) Fill hose (1" PVC will also fit inside diverter)
-(1) Hose seal
-(1) Winter Cap (if you are in an area where temperatures get below freezing)
Installs in three easy steps:
1) Drill hole in downspout (you will need 2-1/8" hole saw for installation, which you can purchase here). For 2"x3" downspouts, drill hole in front of downspout. For 3"x4" downspouts, drill hole in the side of the downspout (3" side). Or, check out our specialized 3x4" diverter here! Ensure hole is level with inlet on barrel. For round downspouts, try our Round Downspout Diverter.
2) Insert diverter and fasten diverter to downspout with self-tap screws
3) Attach fill hose to diverter and into barrel hose seal, and start collecting rain!
Shipping is only $3.00 per diverter for U.S. orders! International orders will be charged an additional shipping charge, depending on the order size and address, after an order is placed.
I had been doing some research on diverters and rain barrels when I found this. This diverter is VERY low profile and did not involve changing my existing downspouts in any way which was important for me. Easy installation and the ability to fit any standard downspout size without adapters is great. jeff standley on 20th Feb 2017
Simple is better, easy to install, nothing to break, clean or maintain brian on 13th Feb 2017
After extensive shopping for diverters I settled on this one. Cost and simplicity of design were the main factors. As of this review I used it to fill a 275 gallon IBC tote after 1 moderate rain fall, and it worked flawlessly. Winter is closing in so I have already removed it and put the cap on. I used the description for the outlet size posted by the website to buy parts prior to receiving the diverter and the description was accurate. It does leak around the edges as others mentioned. I simply put a large hose clamp around the downspout and diverter to squeeze it a bit tighter and that worked well for a temporary fix. Jon on 1st Nov 2016
It couldn't be more straightforward or easy to install but best of all - it works great! Bonus: inexpensive! Unknown on 24th Sep 2016
Had no problem installing the Downspout Diverter. Works well on 3" x 4" downspouts. Recommendation is to use 2 diverters, but my 50 gallon barrel fills using only one. Unknown on 22nd Aug 2016
My old rain barrel diverter could not handle all the water from my downspout and would overflow all over my deck. This is a great solution. I waited two weeks for a hard rain and although this diverter only catches half the water in my 3x4 gutter, it still filled my rain barrel. Robert on 14th Aug 2016
Easy to put in. Great flow.
Worth it. Unknown on 21st Jul 2016
This was a great product.It was so simple to install.And it works great.
Thank you George Kerns on 7th Jul 2016
I'm a retired teacher and was able to install the downspout diverter easily (in about 10 minutes). I affixed a PVC pipe to direct the water into the rain barrel and it's working great. Unknown on 7th Jul 2016
I ordered the winter cover,downspout diverter, fill hose and inlet hose seal. I already have the same set up on another barrel and was happy to be able to purchase just the items that I needed for my second barrel. I have used two other types of diverters and by far this is the best set up out there. Easy to install, works as described and is very affordable. Debbie on 1st Jul 2016