- rain barrels
- Packaged Systems
We at Rain Brothers, LLC have been designing, constructing, and installing rainwater harvesting systems -- both residential- and commercial-scale -- in the Ohio Region for over eight years, and we have used virtually every rainwater downspout diverter on the market. With the diverters on the market, there are recurring problems, including:
1) Difficult installation
2) Insufficient outlet size
3) Insufficient overflow, causing diverter to back up drainage
4) Working only with the smallest downspouts (i.e., 2"x3")
Our Flex-Fit Downspout Diverter addresses these issues and offers a thoughtful, high-quality, affordable solution by being:
1) Easy to install; there is no need to cut your downspout. Simply use a 2-1/8" hole saw to drill into your downspout and the Flexi-Fit Diverter fits right in
2) Large, 1-1/4" outlet allows plenty of water to pass to your barrel/tank
3) Large overflow opening allows water to easily pass back through the downspout once your barrel/tank is full
4) Works with both 2"x3" and 3"x4" downspouts (check out specialized 3x4" downspout diverter here!)
*Required for installation:
-(1) 2-1/8" hole saw
-(2) 3/4" self-tapping philips screws (included)
-(1) Fill hose (1" PVC will also fit inside diverter)
-(1) Hose seal
-(1) Winter Cap (if you are in an area where temperatures get below freezing)
Installs in three easy steps:
1) Drill hole in downspout (you will need 2-1/8" hole saw for installation, which you can purchase here). For 2"x3" downspouts, drill hole in front of downspout. For 3"x4" downspouts, drill hole in the side of the downspout (3" side). Or, check out our specialized 3x4" diverter here! Ensure hole is level with inlet on barrel. For round downspouts, try our Round Downspout Diverter.
2) Insert diverter and fasten diverter to downspout with self-tap screws
3) Attach fill hose to diverter and into barrel hose seal, and start collecting rain!
Shipping is only $2.00 per part for U.S. orders! International orders will be charged an additional shipping charge of $5 - $10, depending on the order size and address, after an order is placed.
My old rain barrel diverter could not handle all the water from my downspout and would overflow all over my deck. This is a great solution. I waited two weeks for a hard rain and although this diverter only catches half the water in my 3x4 gutter, it still filled my rain barrel. Robert on 14th Aug 2016
Easy to put in. Great flow.
Worth it. Unknown on 21st Jul 2016
This was a great product.It was so simple to install.And it works great.
Thank you George Kerns on 7th Jul 2016
I'm a retired teacher and was able to install the downspout diverter easily (in about 10 minutes). I affixed a PVC pipe to direct the water into the rain barrel and it's working great. Unknown on 7th Jul 2016
I ordered the winter cover,downspout diverter, fill hose and inlet hose seal. I already have the same set up on another barrel and was happy to be able to purchase just the items that I needed for my second barrel. I have used two other types of diverters and by far this is the best set up out there. Easy to install, works as described and is very affordable. Debbie on 1st Jul 2016
Rain diverter works great. after easy install, in a moderate rain of an hour and a half, I collected almost 110 gallons of water.
Diverter installed quickly with no problems or issues. Only thing that I would recommend is before install of diverter, run a bead of caulk around hole that was drilled in leader pipe to prevent leakage around diverter. Joe M. on 29th Jun 2016
I have been looking for this specific piece through all major outlets online and in retail locations alike, but never found the piece by itself or at this low price. The purchase was quick and the shipment, too. Exactly what I needed. Miguel A. Gonzalez on 27th Jun 2016
I purchased a rain barrel a couple years ago but have been hesitant to cut my downspout so I let my barrel sit outside unused. My cheeky neighbour asked "How's that rainbarrel working for you?" Slightly embarrassed and not wanting him to have the last stay, I went to the Internet looking for a solution. Rain Brothers had a video showing an easy installation and the price was very agreeable. I purchased the product online. Once it arrived I went outside and to my own amazement...it was installed in less then 10 minutes!!!! I didn't know how well it would work...until yesterday...I went out to take a peek..and the barrel was completely full of FREE water! A wonderful easy to install "girl friendly" diverter. I will definitely be telling everyone about my discovery. Thank you Rain Brothers for making such an amazing product!
Wendy on 5th Jun 2016
Finally, a downspout diverter that doesn't require me to completely destroy my downspout in the process! Great product works exactly as I had hoped! Unknown on 2nd Jun 2016
Works amazingly well, and very easy to install. Jim on 28th May 2016