- Rain Barrels
We at Rain Brothers, LLC have been designing, constructing, and installing rainwater harvesting systems -- both residential- and commercial-scale -- in the Ohio Region for over eight years, and we have used virtually every rainwater downspout diverter on the market. With the diverters on the market, there are recurring problems, including:
1) Difficult installation
2) Insufficient outlet size
3) Insufficient overflow, causing diverter to back up drainage
4) Working only with the smallest downspouts (i.e., 2"x3")
Our Flex-Fit Downspout Diverter addresses these issues and offers a thoughtful, high-quality, affordable solution by being:
1) Easy to install; there is no need to cut your downspout. Simply use a 2-1/8" hole saw to drill into your downspout and the Flexi-Fit Diverter fits right in
2) Large, 1-1/4" outlet allows plenty of water to pass to your barrel/tank
3) Large overflow opening allows water to easily pass back through the downspout once your barrel/tank is full
4) Works with both 2"x3" and 3"x4" downspouts
*Required for installation:
-(1) 2-1/8" hole saw
-(2) 3/4" self-tapping philips screws (included)
-(1) Fill hose (1" PVC will also fit inside diverter)
-(1) Hose seal
-(1) Winter Cap (if you are in an area where temperatures get below freezing)
Installs in three easy steps:
1) Drill hole in downspout (you will need 2-1/8" hole saw for installation, which you can purchase here). For 2"x3" downspouts, drill hole in front of downspout. For 3"x4" downspouts, drill hole in the side of the downspout (3" side). Ensure hole is level with inlet on barrel. For round downspouts, try our Round Downspout Diverter.
2) Insert diverter and fasten diverter to downspout with self-tap screws
3) Attach fill hose to diverter and into barrel hose seal, and start collecting rain!
Shipping is only $2.00 per part for U.S. orders! International orders will be charged an additional shipping charge of $5 - $10, depending on the order size and address, after an order is placed.
Received very quick and looks like it will work just fine. I have ordered the hole saw from them and will be installing when I get it. Unknown on 25th Apr 2016
Hi. I haven't put my downspout diverter in yet, but this is why I bought the one I did. I'm going to put my diverter in way up there near the eaves and use the one inch pvc to cross over at 8 ft. height to the nearby corner dog-leg of our side yard(about 4 feet away) and down to my rain barrel in the corner. I've stuck the rain barrel on top of an old iron work bench behind our yew tree. yay! I will still be able to pass by to get to my very narrow side yard for ladders and the compost heap. I can have it all: my rain barrel and my walk through, too. mary on 19th Apr 2016
Very easy installation, as stated, and it works as advertised. I am happy with the product. Alan on 6th Apr 2016
Installed this in my gutters last week and if finally rained last night...what a great product! Rain barrel filled easily, water flow was outstanding and I can't think of an easier install! Larry on 8th Jan 2016
Bought this as a gift I have the same works great Unknown on 19th Oct 2015
Works just like everyone said it would. I had a little leaking around the edges, but I ran a bead of 3M Fastcure 4000UV marine sealant to make a better seal. Tested with a garden hose and was amazed at all the water that this product captured and diverted to the rain barrel. It looks great and I did not have to tear up the down spout installing this. The winter cover is a nice touch... Michael Gumz on 12th Oct 2015
After considering all the different solutions, your diverter was the easiest to install and makes the most sense.
Thanks for spending the time on design. Unknown on 22nd Sep 2015
this product if so much better than anything else I researched - so easy to install, amazing and works great! I wish I had more downspouts to put them in. Thank you so much. steve Steve Hennessy on 29th Aug 2015
So far doing the job with a good seal. Unknown on 24th Aug 2015
I set up a rain collection barrel 3 yrs ago with this product using one diverter in a 3x4 in. downspout and before the yr was over I added a 2nd diverter on the other side of the spout to double the flow into the same barrel. It worked so well that I did the same with another collection barrel this yr. This is a fantastically simple and effective diverter product, as-well-as, the winter cover cap. Orrie on 3rd Aug 2015