- Rain Barrels
We at Rain Brothers, LLC have been designing, constructing, and installing rainwater harvesting systems -- both residential- and commercial-scale -- in the Ohio Region for over eight years, and we have used virtually every rainwater downspout diverter on the market. With the diverters on the market, there are recurring problems, including:
1) Difficult installation
2) Insufficient outlet size
3) Insufficient overflow, causing diverter to back up drainage
4) Working only with the smallest downspouts (i.e., 2"x3")
Our Flex-Fit Downspout Diverter addresses these issues and offers a thoughtful, high-quality, affordable solution by being:
1) Easy to install; there is no need to cut your downspout. Simply use a 2-1/8" hole saw to drill into your downspout and the Flexi-Fit Diverter fits right in
2) Large, 1-1/4" outlet allows plenty of water to pass to your barrel/tank
3) Large overflow opening allows water to easily pass back through the downspout once your barrel/tank is full
4) Works with both 2"x3" and 3"x4" downspouts
*Required for installation:
-(1) 2-1/8" hole saw
-(2) 3/4" self-tapping philips screws (included)
-(1) Fill hose (1" PVC will also fit inside diverter)
-(1) Hose seal
-(1) Winter Cap (if you are in an area where temperatures get below freezing)
Installs in three easy steps:
1) Drill hole in downspout (you will need 2-1/8" hole saw for installation, which you can purchase here). For 2"x3" downspouts, drill hole in front of downspout. For 3"x4" downspouts, drill hole in the side of the downspout (3" side). Ensure hole is level with inlet on barrel. For round downspouts, try our Round Downspout Diverter.
2) Insert diverter and fasten diverter to downspout with self-tap screws
3) Attach fill hose to diverter and into barrel hose seal, and start collecting rain!
Shipping is only $2.00 per part for U.S. orders! International orders will be charged an additional shipping charge of $5 - $10, depending on the order size and address, after an order is placed.
Rain diverter works great. after easy install, in a moderate rain of an hour and a half, I collected almost 110 gallons of water.
Diverter installed quickly with no problems or issues. Only thing that I would recommend is before install of diverter, run a bead of caulk around hole that was drilled in leader pipe to prevent leakage around diverter. Joe M. on 29th Jun 2016
I have been looking for this specific piece through all major outlets online and in retail locations alike, but never found the piece by itself or at this low price. The purchase was quick and the shipment, too. Exactly what I needed. Miguel A. Gonzalez on 27th Jun 2016
I purchased a rain barrel a couple years ago but have been hesitant to cut my downspout so I let my barrel sit outside unused. My cheeky neighbour asked "How's that rainbarrel working for you?" Slightly embarrassed and not wanting him to have the last stay, I went to the Internet looking for a solution. Rain Brothers had a video showing an easy installation and the price was very agreeable. I purchased the product online. Once it arrived I went outside and to my own amazement...it was installed in less then 10 minutes!!!! I didn't know how well it would work...until yesterday...I went out to take a peek..and the barrel was completely full of FREE water! A wonderful easy to install "girl friendly" diverter. I will definitely be telling everyone about my discovery. Thank you Rain Brothers for making such an amazing product!
Wendy on 5th Jun 2016
Finally, a downspout diverter that doesn't require me to completely destroy my downspout in the process! Great product works exactly as I had hoped! Unknown on 2nd Jun 2016
Works amazingly well, and very easy to install. Jim on 28th May 2016
Received very quick and looks like it will work just fine. I have ordered the hole saw from them and will be installing when I get it. Unknown on 25th Apr 2016
Hi. I haven't put my downspout diverter in yet, but this is why I bought the one I did. I'm going to put my diverter in way up there near the eaves and use the one inch pvc to cross over at 8 ft. height to the nearby corner dog-leg of our side yard(about 4 feet away) and down to my rain barrel in the corner. I've stuck the rain barrel on top of an old iron work bench behind our yew tree. yay! I will still be able to pass by to get to my very narrow side yard for ladders and the compost heap. I can have it all: my rain barrel and my walk through, too. mary on 19th Apr 2016
Very easy installation, as stated, and it works as advertised. I am happy with the product. Alan on 6th Apr 2016
Installed this in my gutters last week and if finally rained last night...what a great product! Rain barrel filled easily, water flow was outstanding and I can't think of an easier install! Larry on 8th Jan 2016
Bought this as a gift I have the same works great Unknown on 19th Oct 2015