- Rain Barrels
- Water Storage
- Water Filtration
We at Rain Brothers, LLC have been designing, constructing, and installing rainwater harvesting systems -- both residential- and commercial-scale -- in the Ohio Region for over eight years, and we have used virtually every rainwater downspout diverter on the market. With the diverters on the market, there are recurring problems, including:
1) Difficult installation
2) Insufficient outlet size
3) Insufficient overflow, causing diverter to back up drainage
4) Working only with the smallest downspouts (i.e., 2"x3")
Our Flex-Fit Downspout Diverter addresses these issues and offers a thoughtful, high-quality, affordable solution by being:
1) Easy to install; there is no need to cut your downspout. Simply use a 2-1/8" hole saw to drill into your downspout and the Flexi-Fit Diverter fits right in
2) Large, 1-1/4" outlet allows plenty of water to pass to your barrel/tank
3) Large overflow opening allows water to easily pass back through the downspout once your barrel/tank is full
4) Works with both 2"x3" and 3"x4" downspouts
*Required for installation:
-(1) 2-1/8" hole saw
-(2) 3/4" self-tapping philips screws (included)
-(1) Fill hose (1" PVC will also fit inside diverter)
-(1) Hose seal
-(1) Winter Cap (if you are in an area where temperatures get below freezing)
Installs in three easy steps:
1) Drill hole in downspout (you will need 2-1/8" hole saw for installation, which you can purchase here). For 2"x3" downspouts, drill hole in front of downspout. For 3"x4" downspouts, drill hole in the side of the downspout (3" side). Ensure hole is level with inlet on barrel. For round downspouts, try our Round Downspout Diverter.
2) Insert diverter and fasten diverter to downspout with self-tap screws
3) Attach fill hose to diverter and into barrel hose seal, and start collecting rain!
This is the only downspout diverter I have found that works!! Love it!! Unknown on 29th Jun 2015
This was my third order. It works perfectly. Easy install, completely sealed with 2 screws after a simple drill with hole saw attachment. Rain barrel filled in 45 minutes. Unknown on 12th May 2015
Great buy for the price it's made of semi soft rubber EPDM flexible yet stays rigid, easy install, very fast shipping reasonable rates. Not a cheap product well made. Victor on 8th Mar 2015
Wow. It takes very little time to install and works way better than I thought. It rained the all day immediately after the install and I was amazed how much water was collected. It is designed to fit 2x3 gutters but I have 3x4 gutters and it worked great. I am not an easy sale, but I am promoting this to individuals and groups. I did think that I was supposed to get the sheet metal screws to complete installation and did not get them. Marc on 12th Nov 2014
This worked well. I would recommend two for a 4x3 downspout as this only takes up half of the area. Damon on 18th Aug 2014
Saw a hole in the downspout, pop the diverter in, secure with two screws.
Piece of cake.
This is my second installation.
Amazing just how much water comes off the roof.
Simple installation and WORKS!
What more could we want? Paschal Dobbins on 30th Jul 2014
I just want newcomers to the website to not be suspicious of all these extraordinary reviews. How can seemingly everything have 4 or 5 stars? Because these products ROCK! If you have been searching online for a solidly made, effective diverter that doesn't cost a ton, you have found it. These guys are smart, creative and offer a high quality product at a price that allows even the timid to give 'going green' a try. Unknown on 8th Jul 2014
works just as advertised , very simple to install. tom on 17th Jun 2014
I have had .10 inch of rain since installation!
However, this unit saved a big part of it. It saved me the frustration of dealing with the FISKARS PRO DIVERTER which lost 99% of a 1.60 inch rain period. All this at a fraction of the cost and a hugely easier installation! Donald S Pissott on 27th May 2014
I originally hooked up the downspout directly to my rain barrel and the torrential downpours we get in our neck of the woods means the water quickly overcomes the barrels ability to fill and overflow properly resulting in a giant gusher of water spilling over the rain barrel and probably causing damage to my foundation.
I bought 4 of these to restore the original downspout functionality and have high hopes for it.
I plan to flip the diverter over for winter. Chi on 21st May 2014