- Rain Barrels
- Water Storage
- Water Filtration
We at Rain Brothers, LLC have been designing, constructing, and installing rainwater harvesting systems -- both residential- and commercial-scale -- in the Ohio Region for over eight years, and we have used virtually every rainwater downspout diverter on the market. With the diverters on the market, there are recurring problems, including:
1) Difficult installation
2) Insufficient outlet size
3) Insufficient overflow, causing diverter to back up drainage
4) Working only with the smallest downspouts (i.e., 2"x3")
Our Flex-Fit Downspout Diverter addresses these issues and offers a thoughtful, high-quality, affordable solution by being:
1) Easy to install; there is no need to cut your downspout. Simply use a 2-1/8" hole saw to drill into your downspout and the Flexi-Fit Diverter fits right in
2) Large, 1-1/4" outlet allows plenty of water to pass to your barrel/tank
3) Large overflow opening allows water to easily pass back through the downspout once your barrel/tank is full
4) Works with both 2"x3" and 3"x4" downspouts
*Required for installation:
-(1) 2-1/8" hole saw
-(2) 3/4" self-tapping philips screws (included)
-(1) Fill hose (1" PVC will also fit inside diverter)
-(1) Hose seal
-(1) Winter Cap (if you are in an area where temperatures get below freezing)
Installs in three easy steps:
1) Drill hole in downspout (you will need 2-1/8" hole saw for installation, which you can purchase here). For 2"x3" downspouts, drill hole in front of downspout. For 3"x4" downspouts, drill hole in the side of the downspout (3" side). Ensure hole is level with inlet on barrel. For round downspouts, try our Round Downspout Diverter.
2) Insert diverter and fasten diverter to downspout with self-tap screws
3) Attach fill hose to diverter and into barrel hose seal, and start collecting rain!
So far doing the job with a good seal. Unknown on 24th Aug 2015
I set up a rain collection barrel 3 yrs ago with this product using one diverter in a 3x4 in. downspout and before the yr was over I added a 2nd diverter on the other side of the spout to double the flow into the same barrel. It worked so well that I did the same with another collection barrel this yr. This is a fantastically simple and effective diverter product, as-well-as, the winter cover cap. Orrie on 3rd Aug 2015
The link I included in my diverter review (dated July 25) doesn't work, possibly because YouTube is case-sensitive and the reviews appear in all caps. Anyway, if you do a search for the below phrase, it should get you to my video which features the Rain Brothers diverter, which are great!
Using an IBC Tote as a Mosquito-free Rain Barrel: PVC part numbers
Thanks again! Obadiah on 29th Jul 2015
After you put the diverter in place, you can pretty much forget about it. I set up my first rain barrel (an IBC tote) in 2013 and it has performed exactly like I wanted. I am going to set up a 3rd barrel so I'll be ordering another diverter soon.
Here's how I set mine up. See the description for part numbers.
Unknown on 25th Jul 2015
This product is very good and a rain water diverter is an easy way to save water for the garden Pierre Quinn on 24th Jul 2015
I have a 3 X 4 downpipe and was advised by your technicalperson to buy two diverters and install them on the opposing 3" sides. That is exactly what I did and it works asadvertised or better! Unknown on 13th Jul 2015
This is the only downspout diverter I have found that works!! Love it!! Unknown on 29th Jun 2015
This was my third order. It works perfectly. Easy install, completely sealed with 2 screws after a simple drill with hole saw attachment. Rain barrel filled in 45 minutes. Unknown on 12th May 2015
Great buy for the price it's made of semi soft rubber EPDM flexible yet stays rigid, easy install, very fast shipping reasonable rates. Not a cheap product well made. Victor on 8th Mar 2015
Wow. It takes very little time to install and works way better than I thought. It rained the all day immediately after the install and I was amazed how much water was collected. It is designed to fit 2x3 gutters but I have 3x4 gutters and it worked great. I am not an easy sale, but I am promoting this to individuals and groups. I did think that I was supposed to get the sheet metal screws to complete installation and did not get them. Marc on 12th Nov 2014