- Rain Barrels
- Water Storage
- Water Filtration
We at Rain Brothers, LLC have been designing, constructing, and installing rainwater harvesting systems -- both residential- and commercial-scale -- in the Ohio Region for over eight years, and we have used virtually every rainwater downspout diverter on the market. With the diverters on the market, there are recurring problems, including:
1) Difficult installation
2) Insufficient outlet size
3) Insufficient overflow, causing diverter to back up drainage
4) Working only with the smallest downspouts (i.e., 2"x3")
Our Flex-Fit Downspout Diverter addresses these issues and offers a thoughtful, high-quality, affordable solution by being:
1) Easy to install; there is no need to cut your downspout. Simply use a 2-1/8" hole saw to drill into your downspout and the Flexi-Fit Diverter fits right in
2) Large, 1-1/4" outlet allows plenty of water to pass to your barrel/tank
3) Large overflow opening allows water to easily pass back through the downspout once your barrel/tank is full
4) Works with both 2"x3" and 3"x4" downspouts
*Required for installation:
-(1) 2-1/8" hole saw
-(2) 3/4" self-tapping philips screws (included)
-(1) Fill hose (1" PVC will also fit inside diverter)
-(1) Hose seal
-(1) Winter Cap (if you are in an area where temperatures get below freezing)
Installs in three easy steps:
1) Drill hole in downspout (you will need 2-1/8" hole saw for installation, which you can purchase here). For 2"x3" downspouts, drill hole in front of downspout. For 3"x4" downspouts, drill hole in the side of the downspout (3" side). Ensure hole is level with inlet on barrel. For round downspouts, try our Round Downspout Diverter.
2) Insert diverter and fasten diverter to downspout with self-tap screws
3) Attach fill hose to diverter and into barrel hose seal, and start collecting rain!
After you put the diverter in place, you can pretty much forget about it. I set up my first rain barrel (an IBC tote) in 2013 and it has performed exactly like I wanted. I am going to set up a 3rd barrel so I'll be ordering another diverter soon.
Here's how I set mine up. See the description for part numbers.
Unknown on 25th Jul 2015
This product is very good and a rain water diverter is an easy way to save water for the garden Pierre Quinn on 24th Jul 2015
I have a 3 X 4 downpipe and was advised by your technicalperson to buy two diverters and install them on the opposing 3" sides. That is exactly what I did and it works asadvertised or better! Unknown on 13th Jul 2015
This is the only downspout diverter I have found that works!! Love it!! Unknown on 29th Jun 2015
This was my third order. It works perfectly. Easy install, completely sealed with 2 screws after a simple drill with hole saw attachment. Rain barrel filled in 45 minutes. Unknown on 12th May 2015
Great buy for the price it's made of semi soft rubber EPDM flexible yet stays rigid, easy install, very fast shipping reasonable rates. Not a cheap product well made. Victor on 8th Mar 2015
Wow. It takes very little time to install and works way better than I thought. It rained the all day immediately after the install and I was amazed how much water was collected. It is designed to fit 2x3 gutters but I have 3x4 gutters and it worked great. I am not an easy sale, but I am promoting this to individuals and groups. I did think that I was supposed to get the sheet metal screws to complete installation and did not get them. Marc on 12th Nov 2014
This worked well. I would recommend two for a 4x3 downspout as this only takes up half of the area. Damon on 18th Aug 2014
Saw a hole in the downspout, pop the diverter in, secure with two screws.
Piece of cake.
This is my second installation.
Amazing just how much water comes off the roof.
Simple installation and WORKS!
What more could we want? Paschal Dobbins on 30th Jul 2014
I just want newcomers to the website to not be suspicious of all these extraordinary reviews. How can seemingly everything have 4 or 5 stars? Because these products ROCK! If you have been searching online for a solidly made, effective diverter that doesn't cost a ton, you have found it. These guys are smart, creative and offer a high quality product at a price that allows even the timid to give 'going green' a try. Unknown on 8th Jul 2014