- Rain Barrels
- Packaged Systems
We at Rain Brothers, LLC have been designing, constructing, and installing rainwater harvesting systems -- both residential- and commercial-scale -- in the Ohio Region for over eight years, and we have used virtually every rainwater downspout diverter on the market. With the diverters on the market, there are recurring problems, including:
1) Difficult installation
2) Insufficient outlet size
3) Insufficient overflow, causing diverter to back up drainage
4) Working only with the smallest downspouts (i.e., 2"x3")
Our Flex-Fit Downspout Diverter addresses these issues and offers a thoughtful, high-quality, affordable solution by being:
1) Easy to install; there is no need to cut your downspout. Simply use a 2-1/8" hole saw to drill into your downspout and the Flexi-Fit Diverter fits right in
2) Large, 1-1/4" outlet allows plenty of water to pass to your barrel/tank
3) Large overflow opening allows water to easily pass back through the downspout once your barrel/tank is full
4) Works with both 2"x3" and 3"x4" downspouts (check out specialized 3x4" downspout diverter here!). It will also fit in other size downspouts such as 2.5" square & 2.75" square, but will be a little less efficient.
*Required for installation:
-(1) 2-1/8" hole saw
-(2) 3/4" self-tapping philips screws (included)
-(1) Fill hose (1" PVC will also fit inside diverter)
-(1) Hose seal
-(1) Winter Cap (if you are in an area where temperatures get below freezing)
Installs in three easy steps:
1) Drill hole in downspout (you will need 2-1/8" hole saw for installation, which you can purchase here). For 2"x3" downspouts, drill hole in front of downspout. For 3"x4" downspouts, drill hole in the side of the downspout (3" side). Or, check out our specialized 3x4" diverter here! Ensure hole is level with inlet on barrel. For round downspouts, try our Round Downspout Diverter.
2) Insert diverter and fasten diverter to downspout with self-tap screws
3) Attach fill hose to diverter and into barrel hose seal, and start collecting rain!
I installed the diverter in a few minutes then collected rain to fill up my 300 gallon pond that I had just cleaned out. Next, I'll put the rain barrel in place. Paul in the Willamette Valley on 22nd Jun 2020
I needed to fit my rain barrel connector to my downspout. Worked well. Unknown on 14th Jun 2020
Easy to install and it works! The material looks sturdy and long-lasting. Rami on 1st Jun 2020
Very clever design, measuring where to make the hole took longer than the actual installation
By the way, a 1" Schedule 40 PVC pipe is a perfect fit if you don't need to have an accordion-style hose Unknown on 8th May 2020
Easy set up, good price, great rain collection. Unknown on 8th May 2020
Yes, the product is great. The rain diverter is ingenious and is a perfect simplification of the others that have come down the pike. But what I really like about Rain Brothers is that they don't gouge the sh** out of you on the shipping and handleing like 90% of the other companies out there. Is it just me, or does that make a HUGE statement about who they are?
Rain Brothers for President! norm on 28th Apr 2020
Works like a charm, easy to install and remove in the winter if you want. I can’t imagine an easier or less expensive option!
Unknown on 20th Apr 2020
As it is fall we do not need the water for our garden. So, our downspout diverter is not installed. That said, we did install the winter cover so that we are ready to install it in the spring.
The design is simple and likely very effective. We look forward to a great improvement in our capturing of rainwater. Not only do we expect we will capture more water, but we also expect to eliminate the external overflow that plagued our previous diverter during heavy downpours.
Pro: Rain Brothers is one of the most responsive and customer-focused companies. They provide prompt, clear, and complete responses to questions and accept constructive criticism with cheer.
Con: Wish we found them when we were searching for our original diverter. Also, their product descriptions are good, but it would be great to have more details such as the outlet size of this diverter readily available on the website. Richard Monreal on 5th Oct 2019
Works well. Easy to install. Unknown on 10th Jun 2019
Simple, easy solution to connect the downspout to your rain barrel !
Filled my rain barrel in one rain shower (50 gallons).
Great product ! Al on 26th May 2019