- Rain Barrels
- Packaged Systems
We at Rain Brothers, LLC have been designing, constructing, and installing rainwater harvesting systems -- both residential- and commercial-scale -- in the Ohio Region for over eight years, and we have used virtually every rainwater downspout diverter on the market. With the diverters on the market, there are recurring problems, including:
1) Difficult installation
2) Insufficient outlet size
3) Insufficient overflow, causing diverter to back up drainage
4) Working only with the smallest downspouts (i.e., 2"x3")
Our Flex-Fit Downspout Diverter addresses these issues and offers a thoughtful, high-quality, affordable solution by being:
1) Easy to install; there is no need to cut your downspout. Simply use a 2-1/8" hole saw to drill into your downspout and the Flexi-Fit Diverter fits right in
2) Large, 1-1/4" outlet allows plenty of water to pass to your barrel/tank
3) Large overflow opening allows water to easily pass back through the downspout once your barrel/tank is full
4) Works with both 2"x3" and 3"x4" downspouts (check out specialized 3x4" downspout diverter here!)
*Required for installation:
-(1) 2-1/8" hole saw
-(2) 3/4" self-tapping philips screws (included)
-(1) Fill hose (1" PVC will also fit inside diverter)
-(1) Hose seal
-(1) Winter Cap (if you are in an area where temperatures get below freezing)
Installs in three easy steps:
1) Drill hole in downspout (you will need 2-1/8" hole saw for installation, which you can purchase here). For 2"x3" downspouts, drill hole in front of downspout. For 3"x4" downspouts, drill hole in the side of the downspout (3" side). Or, check out our specialized 3x4" diverter here! Ensure hole is level with inlet on barrel. For round downspouts, try our Round Downspout Diverter.
2) Insert diverter and fasten diverter to downspout with self-tap screws
3) Attach fill hose to diverter and into barrel hose seal, and start collecting rain!
Works well. Easy to install. Unknown on 10th Jun 2019
Simple, easy solution to connect the downspout to your rain barrel !
Filled my rain barrel in one rain shower (50 gallons).
Great product ! Al on 26th May 2019
I have not installed mine yet, but it looks to be a well thought out product and I am sure it will work perfectly! and it is going to be so easy to do with only one hole in the down spout, nice neat installing! William B Schinella on 20th May 2019
easy to install; works as advertised. Pete on 11th May 2019
I did lots, too much, research on what type of system to use for my rain barrel diverter. Finally found the Flexi-Fit offered by Rain-Brothers. I was able to buy only the components I needed - the diverter, the flexible hose and the winter cover. Took only a few minutes to install and I'm not a handy man wizard and it works. Going to order a second set today. Lowell on 14th Aug 2018
I have two rain barrels, I wish I had purchased this diverter first! This diverter is super quick and easy to install with a simple hole in the downspout. The other diverter we have is bulky, unattractive and required the downspout to be cut, I plan to replace my downspout and diverter with one of these as it is superior to other products I've found and the install could not have been any easier.
Rebecca Evans on 11th Jul 2018
BOUGHT THIS AFTER READING ABOUT OTHER SIMILAR PRODUCTS. WORKS VERY WELL AT A GREAT PRICE. DRILL THE HOLE, PUT THE DIVERTER IN, DRILL SCREW HOLES AND YOUR READY TO GO. VERY SIMPLE. RICK on 27th Jun 2018
Our downspouts in Calgary are 3"x3" so I was not paying attention when i ordered it but i installed it anyway and even thought it only collects on 3 of the 4 sides it did not take long to fil the rain barrel. Going to order another one when we expand our barrels. Carlos on 2nd Jun 2018
Found this online after months of looking at other devices. Was unsure if it would work as I live in Canada and my downspouts are 2 5/8 x 2 5/8 square. After I was assured it would work I purchased it. I installed it and over the weekend we got a lot of rain. Worked exactly as they said it would, I did lose a little bit of water due to the downspout size but not enough to be concerned with.
This item is available in Canada in the kit version, but I didn't need more hole saws or the hose, all I wanted was the connection so it was cheaper for me to get it through the US. Bill Gomm on 25th May 2018
Very easy for me to install. Great design. Tonya on 21st Mar 2018