- Rain Barrels
- Packaged Systems
We at Rain Brothers, LLC have been designing, constructing, and installing rainwater harvesting systems -- both residential- and commercial-scale -- in the Ohio Region for over eight years, and we have used virtually every rainwater downspout diverter on the market. With the diverters on the market, there are recurring problems, including:
1) Difficult installation
2) Insufficient outlet size
3) Insufficient overflow, causing diverter to back up drainage
4) Working only with the smallest downspouts (i.e., 2"x3")
Our Flex-Fit Downspout Diverter addresses these issues and offers a thoughtful, high-quality, affordable solution by being:
1) Easy to install; there is no need to cut your downspout. Simply use a 2-1/8" hole saw to drill into your downspout and the Flexi-Fit Diverter fits right in
2) Large, 1-1/4" outlet allows plenty of water to pass to your barrel/tank
3) Large overflow opening allows water to easily pass back through the downspout once your barrel/tank is full
4) Works with both 2"x3" and 3"x4" downspouts (check out specialized 3x4" downspout diverter here!). It will also fit in other size downspouts such as 2.5" square & 2.75" square, but will be a little less efficient.
*Required for installation:
-(1) 2-1/8" hole saw
-(2) 3/4" self-tapping philips screws (included)
-(1) Fill hose (1" PVC will also fit inside diverter)
-(1) Hose seal
-(1) Winter Cap (if you are in an area where temperatures get below freezing)
Installs in three easy steps:
1) Drill hole in downspout (you will need 2-1/8" hole saw for installation, which you can purchase here). For 2"x3" downspouts, drill hole in front of downspout. For 3"x4" downspouts, drill hole in the side of the downspout (3" side). Or, check out our specialized 3x4" diverter here! Ensure hole is level with inlet on barrel. For round downspouts, try our Round Downspout Diverter.
2) Insert diverter and fasten diverter to downspout with self-tap screws
3) Attach fill hose to diverter and into barrel hose seal, and start collecting rain!
Simple to install, this diverter works well, and is very inconspicuous, compared to most others out on the market. Unknown on 20th Nov 2020
Installing is easy and very clean looking. I got this as part of the bigger kit install kit, and love having the tools to actually install everything.
The science is knowing how high to do it compared to the elevation of your rain barrel. The instructions are very thorough - wordy, but very clear! I use the selector valve to get this to turn the corner of my house to where my barrel is actually located. Unknown on 28th Sep 2020
Easy to install & works great. I purchased this & the Fill Hose and would recommend both. buddy on 29th Aug 2020
I was youtube surfing when I noticed a guy talking about harvesting water,so I was intrigued.
The following morning i ordered my harvesting package from Rain brothers ,when i finally got it i couldn’t believe how really easy it was to set up.I’am so please that i ordered 2 more man you can’t go wrong with their products is better than anything out there in the market i highly recommend them Luis Marrero on 13th Aug 2020
Installed easily on the front of a 2" x 3" downspout. Had the 2 1/8" hole saw so that was great. Used 1" PVC inserted to get rain water to the rain barrel. I put a 1" PVC cap on it when the barrel was full. Quick fix and great cost. Also quick delivery. Will definitely use Rain Bros for a winter stopper when the time comes.
Unknown on 6th Aug 2020
It solved our overflowing barrel problem. The barrel had an overflow hose but in anything but light rain it would overwhelm the overflow and spill beside the foundation. The diverter fixed that problem. One new problem though is that in very heavy rain the diverter may be creating enough of a bottleneck that the downspout backs up and causes the eavestrough to overflow. Our downspout is 2x3. Regardless, I am very pleased with how it works. Tracey on 26th Jul 2020
VERY happy with the product, strong and fit perfectly. Margaret Payton on 21st Jul 2020
my garden is right beside my neighbors garage so I asked if I could catch water from roof with this system he obliged me so I installed a 2 barrel system and this product works perfectly I am glad I researched these items and would easily recommend this to anyone I ran a pipe from his down spout over the fence and into my barrels and now have water for plants when needed Hillary Palmer on 16th Jul 2020
I installed the diverter in a few minutes then collected rain to fill up my 300 gallon pond that I had just cleaned out. Next, I'll put the rain barrel in place. Paul in the Willamette Valley on 22nd Jun 2020
I needed to fit my rain barrel connector to my downspout. Worked well. Unknown on 14th Jun 2020